OUTWOOD IN SURREY "The Village with the Mill"
Over time we intend to add more and more historic information to this page, but for now we just have a small amount of information and a few links to other pages on this site that contain some interesting historic information.
If you have any thing to add to this page we would love to receive it.
Brief history of Link
Brief history of the Lloyd Hall
Outwood Cricket Club History
Brief history of Outwood Church
Brief History Of The Outwood Branch of The Royal British Legion
|1542||Earliest known reference to Outwood; the Court Roll refers to the restrictions concerning the felling of timber in Outwood|
|1665||The Post Mill, still in working order, was built|
|1834||The Baptist Chapel, no longer in use, was built|
|1869||St John the Baptist Church was built|
|1870||The creation of the ecclesiastical parish of St John the Baptist|
|1876||The school was opened – now converted into apartments|
|1887||Outwood Cricket Club was formed and is still active|
|1891||The census of that year recorded about 586 residents in Outwood and 140 houses|
|1930||Outwood Drama Society was formed, now defunct|
|1936||The village hall was build, called the Lloyd Hall|
|2000||Outwood Parish Council was created|
|2001||Census recorded 569 People (309m, 260f), 224 households (Tandridge Census)|
|2004||Outwood Website relaunched.|
For more historic information on Outwood please contact the Outwood Local History Society.