OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                 

Minutes of the Council Meeting held on Tuesday 13th February 2018        

at the Church Room

Present                                               Cllrs N Wyer, J Howard, B Gosling, R Yeldham, B Gosling and M Baldock.  

                                                               Also present:  Cllrs H Fitzgerald and P Bond; Mr N Shaw, Mr I Frow, and Mr J Blackmore.

13/0201 Apologies                        Mr Alan Jones and Mr M Johnson.

13/0202 Minutes                             The minutes of the last meeting were approved and signed.

13/0203 Declarations                   None


13/0204 County Councillor        Not present

 13/0205 District Councillor       Cllr Bond has taken up the issue of amount of hgv traffic leaving and entering the ex Ryall and Edwards site with Hilary Orr.  Cllr Fitzgerald will investigate the light pollution from Little  Woolborough Farm and advised that it should be reported to the enforcement team. Concern was expressed about proposed safeguarding of land for development off Picketts Lane. The possible development at Redhill Aerodrome was also discussed. Cllr  Fitzgerald reported on possible changes to refuse collection which may mean wheelie bins for normal refuse.  He also reported on the widening of M23- removal of vegetation affecting noise levels and that a flood action group was being formed in Smallfield.

13/0206 NT                                       Report received; trees to be felled on Outwood Common. Volunteers to tidy up Dayseys Hill.

13/0207 Planning                           see under District Councillor


13/0208 MUGA/Wells Field      Safety inspection took place on 5th Feb; inspections to be reduced to one per annum.


13/0209 Training                             SSALC conference to be attended attended by Cllrs Gosling and Baldock.

13/0210 GDPR                                  Action plan in place. Email addresses being changed. Clerk to get advice on potential companies who can act as DPO.

13/0211 AVM                                    This will take place on 16th April at the Lloyd Hall. A representative from  Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust will speak and refreshments will be served.

09/0112 Law and Order                Police – No report received

Neighbourhood WatchFarm building broken in to on Prince of Wales Rd

Speedwatch – No activity in the last month

09/0113 Reports                              Highways and Speed Limits. Cllr Wyer met with Rose Thorn and Steve Cunnah from SCC regarding the poor road surface of Outwood Lane. Cllr Cllr Wyer to contact Colin Kemp who has the portfolio for highways at SCC. Residents are encouraged to make specific complaints about potholes to be reported to SCC.

Lloyd Hall – Cllr Gosling reported on the AGM on 29th January; the planning Application for widening Brickfield Rd for additional parking has been submitted. Depending on cost may apply for SCC member’s allocation and Igas for funding in due course if the proposal goes ahead. It has not been confirmed if the Outwood Show will go ahead. The next Lloyd Hall meeting is 19th March.

Aviation and Transport- Ian Frow reported on the last GACC meeting

Community – Cllr Yeldham reported on progress with the heritage lottery funding for church repair. Only 2 people have volunteered so far for a community litter pick.

13/0214 Finance                              130214/1 The payments list was approved.

130214/2 The Clerk’s report was accepted.

13/0214 Next agenda                  None


13/0214 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 13th March 2018

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     13th March 2018