OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                                       

Minutes of the Council Meeting held on Tuesday 13th March 2018        

at the Church Room

Present                                               Cllrs N Wyer, B Gosling, R Yeldham and M Baldock.  

                                                               Also present:  Cllrs R Thorn, H Fitzgerald and P Bond; Mr N Shaw and Mr  I Frow.

13/0301 Apologies                        Cllrs R Yeldham and J Howard; Cllr G Wates and Mr M Johnson.

13/0302 Minutes                             The minutes of the last meeting were approved and signed.

13/0303 Declarations                   None


13/0304 County Councillor        Outwood Lane has been proposed for post snow repairs. Cllr Thorn advised that the member’s allowance has been reduced to £5000, but the allowance  for drainage and other road repairs has been increased . From April Cllr Thorn will become Chair of the Local Committee. A list of road signs that need repairs is to be compiled and sent to Rose.

 13/0305 District Councillor       Cllr Bond reported on possible breaches of planning control at the former Ryall and Edwards site which has now been taken over by Tone scaffolding; TDC are investigating.  Cllr Fitzgerald reported on his visit to Little  Woolborough Farm concerning the dazzling light; he has kindly offered to visit the owner to request that the light be angled  down. Cllr  Fitzgerald reported that there has been no decision yet on Beechfield in Moats Lane; Cllr Bond advised that this may go to Planning Committee. There is a meeting on 15th March regarding future Planning Policy, when the proposal for Garden Village of 4000 homes will be discussed.

13/0306 NT                                       Report received; trees to be felled on Outwood Common. Potholes repaired on lane to cricket club. Volunteers to tidy up Dayseys Hill.

13/0307 Planning                           2018/2014 West View Farm St George’s Rd- Implementation of prior approval development. Drainage from the converted building to the existing drainage system (Certificate of lawfulness for an existing use or operation); no local objections.


13/0308 MUGA/Wells Field      Nothing to report


13/0309 Training                             SSALC conference cancelled during the snow- a new date has not been advised yet.

13/0310 GDPR                                  Cllr Gosling reported on the course he and Cllr Baldock attended in Smallfield and advised regarding suggested company to support the Council.

13/0311 AVM                                    This will take place on 16th April at the Lloyd Hall. A representative from  Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust will speak and refreshments will be served. Updates from local organisations, clubs and societies.

13/0312 Law and Order                Police – No report received

Neighbourhood WatchNo report received

Speedwatch – No activity in the last month

13/0313 Reports                              Highways and Speed Limits. Cllr Cllr Wyer has contacted Colin Kemp who has the portfolio for highways at SCC. Residents are encouraged to make complaints about specific potholes to SCC. TDC is meeting tonight to discuss ‘topping up’ funds to ensure the number of cuts for verges is retained at the existing level.

Lloyd Hall – The finances of the Lloyd Hall were discussed; Cllr Wyer has received a satisfactory explanation for the increased costs. The planning application for widening Brickfield Rd for additional parking has been submitted by the OPC on behalf of the Lloyd Hall; Cllr Wyer to contact Mr B Morle regarding additional information required for potential parking planning application. Depending on cost the LHMC may apply for SCC member’s allocation and Igas for funding in due course if the proposal goes ahead. It has not been confirmed if the Outwood Show will go ahead. The next Lloyd Hall meeting is 19th March.

Aviation and Transport- Ian Frow reported on the current situation with the Noise Management Board; Route 4 has now become ‘temporary’ but vectoring is more the problem than the route itself . Cllr Bond reported on a group of MPs who are keen to preserve Redhill as an aerodrome as well as other small airfields.

Community – Cllr Howard sent in a report on the cricket club. The defibrillator has been purchased and will be in place before the beginning of the season. It will be sited inside the pavilion so only accessible when the club is open. The application to SCC for a brown tourist sign at the end of the track to the club has been rejected.

 Cllr Wates is still chasing the Bell about installation of a defibrillator there.

13/0314 Finance                              130314/1 The payments list was approved.

130314/2 The Clerk’s report was accepted.

13/0314 Next agenda                  None


13/0314 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 10th April 2018

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     10th April 2018