OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                                       

Minutes of the Council Meeting held on Tuesday 10th April 2018        

at the Church Room

Present                                               Cllrs N Wyer, J Howard, R Yeldham and M Baldock.  

                                                               Also present:  Cllrs H Fitzgerald and P Bond; Mr N Shaw and Mr  I Frow.

10/0401 Apologies                        Cllrs B Gosling and R Thorn

10/0402 Minutes                             The minutes of the last meeting were approved and signed.

10/0403 Declarations                   None


10/0404 County Councillor        Not present and no report

 10/0405 District Councillor       Cllr Bond reported on the latest situation at the former Ryall and Edwards site which has now been taken over by Tone scaffolding; TDC are investigating as there have been increased vehicle movements including some very early morning and late at night.  Cllr Fitzgerald has kindly visited the Little Woolborough Farm to request that the dazzling light be angled  down. Cllr Bond advised that there may be a decision on the Garden Village development at Redhill Aerodrome at the July planning meeting.

10/0406 NT                                       Report received; a new seat has been installed by cricket pitch. Communication noted between Andy Wright and organiser of cycle event.

10/0407 Planning                           No applications


10/0408MUGA/Wells Field        Nothing to report


10/0409 Training                             SSALC conference cancelled during the snow- a new date has not been advised yet.

10/0410 GDPR                                  Clerk to contact Company to support the council with this; the annual cost is not likely to exceed £150 pa. Cllrs are reminded to change to the outwood.org email address for all OPC communication.

10/0411 AVM                                    This will take place on 16th April at the Lloyd Hall. A representative from  Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust will speak and refreshments will be served. Updates from local organisations, clubs and societies.

10/0412 LHMC  parking                The Council approved that Mr B Morle act as agent for the Lloyd Hall planning application with costs capped at £200 . Prop: Cllr Wyer Sec: Cllr Howard

10/0413 Law and Order                Police – No report received

Neighbourhood WatchAttempted break in and vandalism to car on Church Walk. Also a couple of reports of attempted telephone scams.

Speedwatch – No report

10/0413 Reports                              Highways and Speed Limits. Cllr Wyer has had a response from Colin Kemp on Outwood Lane. Cllr Kemp will be attending the Local Committee meeting on 20th April and Cllr Wyer will be speaking to him then. Residents are encouraged to make complaints about specific potholes to SCC. Cllrs to send Clerk list of road signs for repair. TDC has approved  ‘topping up’ of funds to ensure the number of cuts for verges is retained at the existing level.

Lloyd Hall –  nothing to report. LHMC meeting 30th April

Aviation and Transport- Ian Frow reported on the current situation with Route 4 which is still a  ‘temporary’ situation and is not directly affecting Outwood. Vectoring is affecting Outwood.  Cllr Bond reported on a group of MPs who are keen to preserve Redhill as an aerodrome as well as other small airfields. RACC meeting next week.

Community – SCC Member’s Allocation has provided for new tables for the Church room. Work on the St John’s stonemasonry, funded by English Heritage, starts on 8th May. Awaiting news on church yard extension from TDC planning.  The application to SCC for a brown tourist sign at the end of the track to the club has been rejected. OPC to support the OCC in appealing this. Potential community litterpick dates on 5th and 12th May; a list for volunteers to sign will be available at the Annual Village Meeting. The planting of bulbs in village verges was also discussed.


10/0414 Finance                              130314/1 The payments list was approved.

130314/2 The Clerk’s report was accepted. Insurance cost reduction and change of external auditor was noted. Note change of June meeting date to Thursday 7th June.

10/0415 Next agenda                  None


10/0416 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 8th May 2018

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     8th May 2018