OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                                       

Minutes of the Council Meeting held on Tuesday 2nd July 2019        

at the Church Room

Present                                               Cllrs J Howard, B.Gosling, R Yeldham, and M Baldock. Parish Clerk: L Charlesworth

                                                               Also present: Cllr White, Mr A Jones and Mr J Blackmore.

02/0701 Apologies                         Cllr Wyer, Cllr Fitgerald and Mr I Frow


02/0702 Minutes                             The minutes of the last meeting were approved and signed.

02/0703 Declarations                   None


02/0704County Councillor         Not present and no report.

02/0705 District Councillor       Cllr White reported that planning permission has been granted for new car park in Smallfield.

02/0706 NT                                       Cllr Baldock reported on recent NT volunteer activities

02/0707 Planning                           2019/1060 Little Cricket, Outwood Common: Two storey rear extension and first floor side extension. No objections received.2019/534/COND1 West View Farm, St Georges Road: Details pursuant to condition 3 (external materials) and 4 (hard and soft landscaping) of planning application TA/2019/534 dated 08.05.2019. No objections received. Sawmills most recent application also discussed.

02/0708MUGA/Wells Field        Grant McDonald will share mowing with David Crittell


02/0709Training                               19th June Parish Assembly. Cllr Howard- Chair’s Networking Day 11th July and Rural Economy Conference 12th July

02/0710 Village Show                    OPC to have table; banner and information on the work of the OPC to be produced, and list of litterpick . Clerk to confirm PLI for MUGA

02/0711 Sustainability                  Cllr Howard reported on the response received from SCC. 2 residents are interested in joining a sub-committee of the OPC to explore local green initiatives. Questionnaire for TDC Open Space Strategy discussed.

02/0712Law and Order                 Police – Not present.

Neighbourhood WatchReport received from Cllr Howard; a new NHW coordinator is required on Dayseys Hill.

Speedwatch – report received; Mr N Shaw presented a report on recent activity  

02/0713Reports                               Highways and Speed Limits – Flooding on Outwood Lane reported to SES but no response received. Chevron sign on Dayseys Hill needs replacing; Cllr Thorn to report. Road sign audit list to Anita Guy- list sent but no response. Cllr Howard to send details to Cllr Thorn to chase up if these have all been actioned yet. Clerk to instruct the Wells family to cut Dayseys Hill at the end of August.

Lloyd Hall –  The painting of white lines in the present parking area  has been suggested, in order to maximise use of existing parking. Concern was expressed over plan for up to 180 people to attend a ball in the hall next June.

Aviation and Transport- Mr A Jones advised of a website that can show aircraft arriving and departing LGW; can also show noise level contours. BA and Easyjet now have mostly quieter aircraft. Gatwick airport community Trust applications open in November and Mr Jones would like to encourage applications from Tandridge. The new Gatcom chairman isTom Crowley.

Community matters- GACT have provided funding of £1900 for the repointing of church room.

02/0714 Finance                              020714/1 The payments list was approved.

020714/2 Report from Clerk accepted.


02/0715 Next agenda                                   



02/0716 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 10th September 2019.

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     10th September 2019