OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                 

Minutes of the Council Meeting held on Tuesday 10th September 2019        

at the Church Room

Present                                               Cllrs J Howard, N Wyer, B.Gosling, R Yeldham, and M Baldock. Parish Clerk: L Charlesworth

                                                               Also present: Cllrs White, Fitzgerald and Bourne . Mr I Frow, N Shaw, D Crittell and and Mr J Blackmore.

10/0901 Apologies                         Cllr Thorn, PC Kevin Stimson and Mrs F Mellington


10/0902 Minutes                             The minutes of the last meeting were approved and signed.

10/0903 Declarations                   None


10/0904County Councillor         Not present and no report.

10/0905 District Councillor       Van on verge on Rookery Hill; nothing can be done as it is MOTd and taxed until 1st Nov.

10/0906 NT                                       Cllr Baldock reported on recent NT volunteer activities. The NT are hoping to get a grant to extend the surfaced footpath on Outwood Common

10/0907 Planning                           Sawmills most recent application also discussed. The first appeal against TDC’s refusal of planning permission has been refused. Cllr Bourne to chase comment from Surrey Highways

10/0908MUGA/Wells Field        Mowing a concern for Wells Field as David Crittell’s tractor is not working; Cllr Wyer to investigate other quotations


10/0909Training                               None this month

10/0910 Village Show                    Successful show with good traditional village feel; some concerns raised about entry fee

10/0911 TDC Bins                             Cllr to reply to comments on Piers Mason email. Dog waste bins at top of Wilmots Lane and at the NT carpark on Gayhouse Lane. Could come out of CIL grant

10/0912 Sustainability                  2 residents are interested in joining a sub-committee of the OPC to explore local green initiatives; it is important that a representative from the subcommittee  attends parish council meetings regularly . Questionnaire for TDC Open Space Strategy discussed.

10/0913 Health and Wellbeing questionnaire Discussed; will be completed and sent off by Clerk


10/0914Law and Order                 Police – apologies received.

Neighbourhood WatchNHW coordinator found for Little Collins.

Speedwatch –Mr N Shaw presented a report on recent activity on Millers Lane and Dayseys Hill.

10/0915Reports                               Highways and Speed Limits –  Road sign audit list; Cllr Howard to check if they have been actioned. Cllrs Howard and Baldock investigating with East Surrey Ramblers, replacing footpath signs and putting kissing gates instead of stiles.

Lloyd Hall –  nothing to report

Aviation and Transport- RACC meeting Thursday 19th September. Plane wrong  meeting on 17th October

Community matters- Arts and craft display at church Saturday 14th September. Quotes received for trim trail. Litterpick on 28th September – 8 volunteers. Cllr Baldock to contact Cruisers about  publicising bus times, and funding for a  bus stop.

10/0916 Finance                              100916/1 The payments list was approved.

100916/2 Report from Clerk accepted.

100916/3 CIL payment discussed


10/0917 Next agenda                                   



10/0918 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st October 2019.

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     1st October 2019