OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                                       

Minutes of the Council Meeting held virtually on Tuesday 8th September 2020        

Present                                               Cllrs J Howard, N Wyer, R. Yeldham, B.Gosling, and M Baldock. Parish Clerk: L Charlesworth

                                                               Also present: Cllrs Bourne, Fitzgerald and White, Mr J Blackmore,  Mr I Frow and Mr P Jenn

08/0901 Apologies                         Mrs F Mellington


08/0902 Minutes                            The minutes of the July meeting were approved and signed.

08/0903 Declarations                   None


08/0904County Councillor         Not present and no report

08/0905 District Councillor       Concern was expressed about the potential expansion of the traveller site on Green Lane. Clerk to contact Sarah Thomson on planning policy team for clarification of why other potential sites in Tandridge aren’t being considered

08/0906 NT                                      Not present and no report; National Trust rangers are furloughed until the end of October

08/0907 Planning                           2020/1293 Applegarth, Millers Lane: Demolition of existing wooden driveway gates and erection of replacement wooden driveway gates and small fence at the side. No local objections

08/0908MUGA/Wells Field        Glenn Biddle will be cutting the Wells Field from now on

08/0709Training                               Cllr Howard attending chairs meeting on 10th September ‘ Rebuilding Communities’ meeting being attended by Cllr Wyer and Mrs Mellington

08/0910 OCCG                                  Grant application was refused. Meeting of OCCG on 8th September. Formal proposal needs to be submitted to Parish Councillors in advance of next meeting on 13th October, so that a vote can be made at the meeting

08/0911 The Castle                         In response to communications from TDC, there is a need to clarify the motions put forward in the July meeting. In order to ensure compliance; the July motions were repeated now referring to the existing application, and the outcomes were the same as noted below. The motion was put forward that Outwood Parish Council hereby formalise its existing application for The Castle public house to become an Asset of Community Value. Proposed: Cllr Howard and Seconded: Cllr Wyer. Approved by a majority – 4 in favour 1 abstain.

                                                                The motion was put forward that a Parish Council Subcommittee be established to work on applications for Assets of Community Value. The Sub-committee will consist of Cllr Howard, Mr Patrick Jenn (co-opted) and the Parish Clerk who is delegated to sign and submit correspondence on behalf of the sub-committee. Proposed: Cllr Wyer and Seconded: Cllr Gosling. Approved by a majority – 4 in favour 1 abstain.

08/0912Accessible website        Accessibility statement required by 23rd September; the website is largely compliant but Clerk to contact Ian Green to check and support statement

08/0913Law and Order                 Police – not present and no report

Neighbourhood Watch Replacement NHW coordinator recruited; to be included in circulation list.

Speedwatch - not present and no report

08/0914 Reports                             Highways and Speed LimitsBones Lane and Dowlands Lane will have closures for some months. East Surrey Walkers have been exploring options for moving of footpath into Cogmans Lane, as well as carrying out some clearance.

Lloyd Hall – Cllr Gosling presented a report on the most recent LHMC meeting. Next meeting on 28th September

Aviation and Transport- Mr Frow reported that LGW South terminal is closed until next year. ‘Plane wrong’ have dropped their judicial review

Community matters- Concern that WI no longer able to meet in Lloyd Hall. Clerk to obtain quotation from LHMC for use of  Chilvers Room with no access to kitchen or toilets for future meetings. Cllr Yeldham to check availability at Church Room.

Village Show – Suggest OPC member on Village Show Committee for next years show. Cllr Gosling to raise at next LHMC meeting

Broadband – rural gigabit Voucher scheme to  be publicised in Outwood News

Defibrillators – Clerk to source more quotations and explore funding for a defibrillator, box and electrical connection at Dog and Duck. Obtain clarity on whether unlocking the box at the Lloyd Hall lock and the validity of the guarantee in the light of new advice from SECAMBS

08/0915 Finance                              080915/1 The payments list was approved.

080915/2 Report from Clerk accepted.

08/0916 Next agenda                  Review of CIL spending



08/0917 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tues 13th October 2020 at 8pm

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     13th October 2020