OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL                                       

Minutes of the Council Meeting held virtually on Tuesday 4th May 2021    

Present                                               Cllrs J Howard, N Wyer, R. Yeldham, B.Gosling, and M Baldock. Parish Clerk: L Charlesworth

                                                               Also present: Cllrs Bourne, Fitzgerald and White, Mr I Frow, Mr J Blackmore and Mr de Wiggondene-Sheppard


04/0501 Election of chairman   Cllr Howard was elected Chair (prop. Cllr Wyer, sec. Cllr Baldock)

04/0502 Acceptance of Office  Cllr Howard signed the acceptance of office

04/0503 Election of vice chair   Cllr Wyer was elected Vice-Chair (prop. Cllr Howard, sec Cllr Baldock)

04/0504 Apologies                         Mrs F Mellington


04/0505 Minutes                            The minutes of the April meeting were approved and signed

04/0506 Declarations                   None


04/0507County Councillor         Not present and no report

04/0508 District Councillor       Cllr Bourne will find out the latest on Sawmills planning application 2020/2074 which had been requested to go to planning committee. An Inspector will be visiting the site on 27th May  regarding the Appeal for planning applications 2019/868, 2019/1271 and 2019/1429.

04/0509 NT                                      Not present and no report

04/0510 Planning                           Dog and Duck extension to premises licence approved. Map of conservation area to be published in Outwood news.

04/0511MUGA/Wells Field        Safety inspection report by Safeplay ; reply received from Director offering additional inspect. Cllr Bourne to find out who has taken over responsibility at TDC for playground inspections. Clerk to contact them regarding Safeplay contract

04/0512 Training                            

04/0513 OCCG                                  No issues-other than awaiting confirmation from Energy Hub of payment in order to pay the next invoice

04/0514 Rural Broadband            Outwood does not qualify for this grant as speeds are not low enough

04/0515 Law and Order                Police – not present

Neighbourhood Watch not present and no report

Speedwatch - not present and no report.

04/0516Reports                               Highways and Speed Limits – nothing to report

Lloyd Hall – Nothing to report. Next  meeting on 17th May

Aviation and Transport- Nothing to report

Village Show – Queries about insurance cover required for commercial stallholders

Community matters- mention community orchard in ON highlights

Churchyard extension – No update

The Castle- Planning application has been refused at Planning Committee stage.

Trim trail- More grants have been applied for including Gatwick Community Fund

04/0517 Finance                              040517/1 The payments list was approved.

040517/2 Report from Clerk accepted.

040517/3 Payment of  £18934.80 to Avieco Ltd approved dependant on receipt of money from ‘The Hub’ Proposed Cllr Wyer, Sec Cllr Howard

04/0518 Next agenda                   Discharge from septic tanks



04/0519 Next Meeting                The next meeting will be held on Tues 8th June 2021 at 8pm

Signed………………………………….                                                                                     8th June 2021