OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
C/O 2 Dirty Lane, Ashurst Wood, West Sussex RH19 3RY
Tel: 01342 629165 ~ Email: email@example.com
MINUTS OF THE MEETING OF OUTWOOD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 5TH OCTOBER 2022 AT 7.30PM IN THE CHURCH ROOM, WASPS GREEN LANE, OUTWOOD
PRESENT: Cllrs. Howard (Chair), Baldock and de Wiggondene-Sheppard
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllrs. Gosling and Wyer; District Cllr. S Farr, and County Cllr. C Farr and Mr Mark Wooller
IN ATTENDENCE: The Clerk and District Cllr. Gillman
ALSO PRESENT: Three members of the public
PUBLIC QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
It was Noted that the development of the new Churchyard was progressing and that there would be a need for grants to be sought from various bodies. A total of some £11,000 was outlined as an approximate figure. It was suggested that if a grant from the Parish Council was sought, a written application needed to be submitted as soon as possible.
10/0566 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS
- To approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 7th September 2022
- To approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 27th September 2022
- Matters Arising - not covered elsewhere on the agenda
It Proposed by the Cllr. Howard and seconded by Cllr. Baldock that the Minutes be approved at the next meeting of the Council due to lack of councillors who were present. RESOLVED
10/0567 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - None
10/0568 COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT - None
10/0569 DISTRICT COUNCILLORS' REPORTS
Cllr. Gillman reported as follows:
- TDC’s Planning Portal was causing problems and stopping people accessing information. This was being dealt with as a matter of urgency.
- TDC is awaiting clarification from the government about its policy on Local Plans. Therefore, no action will be taken before further information.
- TDC was planning a restructuring of the Council with regard to costs and staff. Meetings would be held shortly. NOTED
10/0570 PLANNING APPLICATIONS - None
10/0571 LAW AND ORDER
- Police - none
- Neighbourhood Watch - none
- Speedwatch - none
- National Trust – a new Ranger is in place. Her name is Ashlie Williams
- Highways – the previously mentioned drain cover has not been properly repaired. Some signs need collecting in Wasps Green Lane needed collecting.
- Lloyd Hall - none
- Aviation and Transport - none
- Community Matters
- Concern raised by resident about parking on Daysey’s Hill verge. This was noted and it was AGREED to write back and explain that this matter had been looked into previously and that there was no more that the Parish Council could do as it was a public highway with no restrictions.
10/0573 TO RATIFY BUSINESS PLAN
Cllr. Howard had written a business plan to satisfy the requirements for a new Unity Trust Bank Account. This would be reviewed in 2023. It was proposed by Cllr. Howard and seconded by Cllr. de Wiggondene that this be approved.
10/0574 RE-ORGANISATION OF COUNCILLORS’ AREAS OF RESPOBILITY
It was proposed that the following portfolios be allocated to councillors
Cllr. Howard Chair, Footpaths & Bridleways
Cllr. Wyer Vice-Chair, Roads & Verges, Wells Field
Cllr. Baldock Community Matters, National Trust
Cllr. Gosling Planning & Lloyd Hall
Cllr. de Wiggondene-Sheppard Planning
It was Agreed that the Clerk would contribute to Outwood News
Members of the public left the meeting
- To approve List of Payments - approved on 27th September EGM
- To note Bank Reconciliation – previously circulated NOTED
- Request for Grant – a request for a grant from Outwood News was considered and a sum of £500 was proposed by Cllr. Howard, seconded by Cllr. Baldock and agreed RESOLVED
- Consideration of Salary increase for Clerk – after an appraisal held in September the Clerk’s position was confirmed as permanent. The salary would be increased to point 26 on the NJC Scales
- Provisional Budget planning for approval in November – The Clerk and Cllr. Howard would put forward a draft budget for the November meeting. AGREED
- To Note External Auditor’s report NOTED
To authorise the Clerk to be an authorised signatory on the Nat West Bank Accounts as follows:
- if we add or remove Authorised Signatures in the “Add or remove individuals” section of this form, the Bank will update our mandate accordingly for the accounts we specify in this form's “About your business” section.
- if we change the Signing Rules in the “Account Signing Rules” section of this form, the Bank will update our mandate accordingly for the accounts we specify in this form's “About your business” section
- the Bank can phone the individuals we've identified as “Call Back Contacts” to confirm or correct any instructions or information that we've given the Bank
- and the current mandate will continue as amended.
10/0576 AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
- Wreath for future Remembrance Sundays
THE MEETING CLOSED AT 20.30PM